Macleay Island Medical Centre offers a wide range of bulk billed medical services for all members of the family.
- General Check-Ups
- Primary Health Care
- All Family Medicine (Including Men’s & Women’s Health and Children’s health)
- Children’s Health checks
- Childhood vaccinations & immunisations (Government & private)
- Travel Vaccinations / Immunisations
- Minor Procedures
- Implanon, Insertion / Removal
- Wound Management
- 40 – 49 Year old Health Checks
- Disabilities Annual Health Checks
- Iron Infusion
- Indigenous Health
- Medical Assessments (pre-employments, workplace, health assessments, etc)
- Workcover Consultations
- Sexual Health
- Chronic Disease Management (Asthma, diabetes, obesity, etc)
- Mental Health Care Planning (psychology & psychiatry)
- LGBTI Health
Skin Cancer Clinic
- Mole Checks
- Complete Skin Checks
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Procedures
Most prescriptions provide enough medication (repeats included) to last until the condition needs to be reviewed. PBS prescriptions can only be written to last a maximum of six months (one month + five repeats).
For your safety and in order to adhere to prescribing guidelines, we strongly encourage you to plan ahead and to make an appointment to see a doctor to have your condition reviewed and repeat prescriptions written.
Macleay Island Medical Centre DO NOT supply any narcotics / Benzos without consultation with the state authority.
In special circumstances, our doctors can make a home visit. This will be at the doctor’s discretion and will be dependent upon the doctor’s availability and severity of the situation.
Our reception & clinical staff will always encourage you to visit our clinic as we are best equipped to treat you at the clinic as opposed to off-site where the doctors may not have all the equipment they require.
Mater Pathology services are available on-site 5 days a week:
- Monday: 7.30am – 2pm
- Tuesday: 7:30am – 2pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 2pm
- Thursday: 7:30am – 2pm
- Friday: 7:30am – 2pm
- Saturday: 8am – 11am
(closed for lunch 11.20am – 12pm)
*Closed on Public Holidays
*If you have a referral for a PCR test or have flu symptoms, please contact Pathology on 07 3409 4318 to organize an appointment.